My sweet Grandma used to make loads of these apple pies around the holidays. So does my Aunt June. My mom and I decided to make a bunch this year. With a few calls to my Aunt June and my mom’s memory of her mom making these, I think we got these exact. This apple pie is simple and perfect in every way. We have several in the freezer for Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. I can’t wait to dig in…
Grandma's Apple Pie
Ingredients*1 box of refrigerated Pillsbury pie crust (comes with two pie crusts)
*About 2 pounds of Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced about 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat the oven to bake 350
- Line your pie pan with one pie crust.
- Add a layer of apples making sure you layer them to the edge of the pan.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of sugar, about 12 tablespoons
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, about 1 tablespoon
- Add a second layer of apples making sure to pile them a little higher in the middle.
- Add another layer of sugar and cinnamon.
- Cover with the second pie crust.
- Pinch the two layers of pie crust together and fold up. This tends to look very homemade and exactly how we like it.
- Sprinkle with more sugar, about 2 tablespoons and more cinnamon.
- Poke with a fork all over the top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the apples are tender when you poke the inside with a fork.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you’ll also like: