When I think of Valentine’s Day dinner, I think of a simple, comforting meal at home with my family. Ravioli with Crushed Tomato Sauce may not look simple, but it is! And it’s so quick that it allows me to spend more time with my family instead of time in the kitchen. And nothing shows love better than Ravioli with a red Crushed Tomato Sauce. Right?
The only ravioli my mom ever bought when we were growing up was Pastosa. They were so delicious. We used to eat them raw out of the box! I can get them(frozen) at The Boys near me, but if I don’t feel like taking a ride there, I can pick up Mimi’s Ravioli at Western Beef. They are also very tasty.
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
RAVIOLI WITH CRUSHED TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 pounds of Ravioli(Pastosa, Mimi’s or similar)
- 2-28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes
- 8 cloves of garlic, sliced
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a large saute pan heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes and garlic.
- Once garlic is light golden, add both cans of crushed tomatoes (When I pour the tomatoes in the pan there is usually some leftover tomatoes in the can. Fill both cans 1/3 of the way with water and swish it around to get all the leftover tomatoes. Add that to the pan as well.)
- Lower the heat to low so it doesn’t splatter.
- Add 2 pinches of salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Stir and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil a large pot of salted water.
- Cook the ravioli per directions on the box.
- Drain the ravioli and top with the crushed tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you will also like:
Call it what you want…