My Aunt June has been making these cream cheese cookies for years. She is a pro. They are so delicious and the perfect size that you can just keep popping them in your mouth! I guess that’s really not a good thing, but it really is! You can triple the recipe and store them in the freezer.
Warning: They taste even better right out of the freezer and that can be a dangerous thing!
I know there are so many cookie recipes out there around the holidays, but these are the ones I’d choose to make over and over again.
Bells will be ringing…
Aunt June(She is gorgous, funny, and loves Nordstrom!)
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Aunt June's Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1 cup of salted butter, softened
- 3 oz. of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- Optional toppings: Mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the softened butter and cream cheese together.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Mix until combined. (If you feel the batter is too hard, add a little more cream cheese. If you feel the batter is too loose, add a little flour)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill your cookie press with the cookie dough and press out your favorite shapes.
- Top with the topping you prefer.
- Bake for 12 minutes. (This is the tricky part, since everyone’s ovens are different. Keep your eye on them. They should not brown. The second they start to brown on the edges you can take them out.)
- Cool, if you can wait and enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you won’t want to miss these…
“Crowd Pleasing” Rice Pudding