I regularly make Whole Wheat Banana Muffins. They are healthy and delicious. We eat them for breakfast and can easily pack them in the lunchbox for school. But when the season of fall arrives I like to switch them up a bit and make Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins. We all love them just as much as the banana muffins and it gives us all the feelings of fall.
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon(You can definitely use pumpkin pie spice mix instead if you prefer.)
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1 3/4 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup of quick oats plus a little more for sprinkling on top.
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease all 12 cups of your muffin tin or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well. Mix in the pumpkin and almond milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a small amount of oats. Then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake muffins for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
If you love these, you’ll also love…