Believe it or not, when I make salmon everyone eats it! I never have any left over. It seems like when I make it, nobody gets filled. So I usually make this orzo side dish along with it to fill them up and it is amazing! I love pasta and I love vegetables, so for me this is perfect. I eat it leftover for lunch and it could be cold right out of the container…
You can use any vegetables you have in the house, not just the ones I used!
***My posts contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Orzo Side Dish
- 1 box of orzo pasta
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 of an onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 package of mushrooms chopped
- A bunch of tomatoes chopped
- handful of Italian parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, boil salted water and cook the orzo per directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a pan over low to medium heat.
- Add onion. After a couple of minutes add the garlic.
- Toss in the bell pepper and mushrooms and saute until they are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes. Take off the heat. Toss in the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the drained orzo in the pan with all the veggies and mix together. Top with a little grated cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
See below for other similar dishes…
Italian Pasta Salad