This is such a light, delicious pie. It is so easy and you can make it year round. Strawberry season in Florida is from November to April. It would be great to pick some fresh strawberries and use them for the pie. 😋 It reminds me of spring because it’s so light and refreshing. This would be a perfect desert for Easter or Mother’s Day. I got the recipe from my sister, who got the recipe from her friend. I believe she got it from Taste of Home. So now I’m passing it on to all of you. It tastes amazing paired with cinnamon whipped cream. It’s a must.
***My posts contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.
Click here to shop some of my favorite items.
Strawberry Apple Pie
- 3 1/2 cups of thinly sliced peeled tart apples(I used Granny Smith this time which I think are more sweet than tart, but it tasted yummy)
- 1 1/4 cups of sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- Pillsbury pie crust(you will need one for bottom and one for top)
- Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to bake 450.
- In a large bowl combine the apples and strawberries.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar and flour. Sprinkle over fruit and toss lightly.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with bottom pastry. Trim it even with the edge of the plate.
- Add the filling.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling.
- Trim, seal, and flute edges.
- Cut slits in the top.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the pastry. I put a generous amount.
- Cover the edges loosely with foil or even better a pie crust shield.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350; remove foil and bake an additional 35-40 minutes. It is done when the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Cool and top with cinnamon whipped cream!
If you like this recipe you will love:
Annie’s Crumb Cake
“Crowd Pleasing” Rice Pudding