Happy New Year! I wonder how I got through my days before smoothies… It is such an easy meal or snack. And they always make me feel good. I try to prepare our smoothies for the whole week so we can grab them on the go, in the morning, or whenever we need a quick meal.
There is one thing you will definitely need before you get started on your smoothie making skills. You have to have a good quality blender. I LOVE my NINJA! I have the old model and love it.
***My posts contain affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Triple Berry Smoothies
- 1/4 cup of Spinach or kale or both(I use spinach)
- 1/2 tablespoon of Chia seeds(Or Flax seeds or both)
- 1 Banana(I keep plenty in the freezer peeled and cut in half, so when I need them I have them.)
- 1 cup of Mixed Berries(I get the big bag of triple berry blend at BJ’s. You can use whatever variety you like. There’s tropical blend or just strawberries. Sometimes I put the fruit that is gonna go bad in a day or two in the freezer and use that.)
- 1 & 1/2 cups of Almond milk( I can’t live without the Califia Toasted Coconut. It’s really tasty and healthy)
- 2 tablespoons of 2% Greek yogurt- (plain, vanilla or coconut)
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- a splash of leftover coffee
- 1/4 cup of quick cooking oats
- 1-2 tablespoons of nut butter(I prefer almond or peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Dump all of your ingredients in your blender and blend until it is a smooth consistency.
If you like this recipe you will love these: