This is one of those meals that I make if I need to feed a lot of hungry people. You can make it all ahead and then just heat and serve. It’s filling and delicious. I either serve it with a big loaf of Italian bread OR I add potatoes to the recipe. This time I added potatoes and it was yummy! I like to use good quality pork sausages or chicken sausages.
If you are looking to keep it light for the new year, use chicken sausages and no bread. You can even add mushrooms to get more veggies in.
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.
There are a few items you will need to help you prepare this delicious family meal:
Large Sheet Pan
Sausage and Peppers
- 3 rings of Italian sausages or 2 packages. (You can get mild, sweet, or spicy.)
- 6-8 peppers, seeded and sliced (I use mostly cubanelle peppers and then add a couple of red bell)
- 1 bag of small potatoes, sliced or quartered
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced or sliced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Dried oregano
- Optional: 14.5 oz can of tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Unfold sausage rings and cut with kitchen scissors to pieces about the size of a hot dog.
- Place on a large baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes turning halfway. Set to the side until vegetables are done. (The sausages should be brown, but not too overdone because you will be cooking them again. You can also throw them on the grill and they would be even better!)
- Place the peppers, potatoes, onion and garlic in a separate baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes turning a couple of times so everything gets cooked evenly.
- Add the sausages to the baking sheet with the vegetables. If using the tomato sauce, pour the can of sauce on top and mix it all together so everything is coated.
- At this point you can put the whole tray in the fridge until about a half hour before you are ready to eat. When you are ready, put it back in the oven until hot-about 20 minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you’ll also like:
Grilled Skirt Steak