I have been making these burritos for years. When I know I have a busy night ahead of me, I prep them in the morning and heat just before dinner. They are easy, filling, and delicious! The picture doesn’t do them any justice. I’m sorry for my photography skills! But your welcome for this family friendly recipe!
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.
Beef and Bean Burritos
- 1/2 of an onion chopped
- olive oil
- 3 pounds of lean ground beef
- 2 cans(15 oz. each) of re-fried beans
- I use the re-fried black beans because I love them. You can use whichever type that you prefer.
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- I highly recommend using homemade salsa for this recipe. It is easy and takes the burritos to a whole other level.
- A block of Queso Fresco (Mexican Crumbling Cheese) or any shredded Mexican cheese you prefer.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- OPTIONAL: sour cream and cilantro
- If making homemade salsa prepare that first.
- If using the block of crumbling cheese, crumble that now in a medium bowl so it is ready when needed.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in olive oil until tender.
- Add the beef. Season with salt and pepper. Brown until done.
- Drain and return to the skillet.
- Add the beans and stir.
- Add 1/2 cup of the salsa to the meat mixture and stir.
- Add 1/2 cup of the cheese and stir.
- Cook on low for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Set aside.
- Warm the tortillas 5 at a time in the microwave. Put on a plate and lay a slightly dampened paper towel on top. Microwave in 30-second bursts until they are warmed through.
- Lightly butter a baking dish.
- Place 2 large spoonfuls of the meat mixture in the middle of each tortilla.
- Roll them up and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining salsa and cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- At this point you can either put it in the fridge for when you are closer to dinner time or bake right away. (Bake at 350 degrees until warm and bubbly.)
- Top with sour cream and chopped cilantro if you would like. Serve with your favorite chips and extra salsa!
If you liked this you will love:
Mita’s Slow Cooker Chicken