You must put this recipe on rotation during the week. It is delicious, quick and easy!
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.
Shrimp with Red Beans and Rice
- 2 bags of Vigo Red Beans and Rice
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/4 of an onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 of a jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 bags of shrimp(I use Trader Joe’s Wild Argentinian Red Shrimp), thawed and patted dry.
- 2 tablespoons of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 (14 oz.) can of petite diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- Cook the beans and rice per directions on bag.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the onion and jalapeño and sauté until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the shrimp and sprinkle with the Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook until pink(about 8 minutes)
- Add the can of tomatoes and stir.
- Cook for about 2 more minutes or until shrimp are fully cooked.
- Add the parsley, stir and remove from heat.
- Serve in individual bowls. Put beans and rice in first, then add the shrimp with some of the sauce from the pan.
See below for some of my other favorite shrimp recipes…