Cherries are one of my favorite fruits. Right now they are in season and so good. We are having Sunday dinner at my parent’s place and I said I’d bring dessert. I instantly thought of cherry pie.
Sweet Cherry 🍒 Pie 🥧! I kind of sing that in my head every time I say cherry pie. Sorry if I got that song stuck in your head now. 🙉
Baking isn’t really my thing, but I love simple recipes or semi-homemade recipes that make it look like I was baking for days without doing too much. Pies are so easy when you don’t make the dough. And I tell my self they are healthy because it’s filled with fruit…
This recipe is so easy and so delicious. It goes perfect with homemade whipped cream!-I would keep the whipped cream simple for cherry pie and leave out the cinnamon.
- 1 box of Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 cans (21 oz each) of cherry pie filling (This time I used Duncan Hines Original Country cherry pie filling. But you can use any you prefer. One year I found a big jar of delicious cherry pie filling at Trader Joe’s, but I haven’t seen it since. That was really GOOD!)
- 1 egg white beaten
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Preheat oven to bake 425 degrees.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with crust per directions on the box.
- Brush the bottom and sides with egg white.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Cover with 2nd pie crust per directions on the box.
- Seal the edges and flute.
- Cut slits in the top crust.
- Brush with egg white.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil.
- Put the pie plate on a baking sheet in case any pie filling spills over when baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and put back in for another 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the cherries are bubbling.
- Cool completely before serving. I make this the day before and chill in the fridge overnight. It tastes amazing with vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream.
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Other desserts that will make you look like you’ve been baking for days, but are easy as pie…
Annie’s Crumb Cake
Strawberry Apple Pie🍓🍏🥧