Cherries are one of my favorite fruits. Right now they are in season and so good. We are having Sunday dinner at my parent’s place and I said I’d bring dessert. I instantly thought of cherry pie.
Sweet Cherry 🍒 Pie 🥧! I kind of sing that in my head every time I say cherry pie. Sorry if I got that song stuck in your head now. 🙉
Baking isn’t really my thing, but I love simple recipes or semi-homemade recipes that make it look like I was baking for days without doing too much. Pies are so easy when you don’t make the dough. And I tell my self they are healthy because it’s filled with fruit…
This recipe is so easy and so delicious. It goes perfect with homemade whipped cream!-I would keep the whipped cream simple for cherry pie and leave out the cinnamon.
***My post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
- 1 box of Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 cans (21 oz each) of cherry pie filling (This time I used Duncan Hines Original Country cherry pie filling. But you can use any you prefer. One year I found a big jar of delicious cherry pie filling at Trader Joe’s, but I haven’t seen it since. That was really GOOD!)
- 1 egg white beaten
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Preheat oven to bake 425 degrees.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with crust per directions on the box.
- Brush the bottom and sides with egg white.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust.
- Cover with 2nd pie crust per directions on the box.
- Seal the edges and flute.
- Cut slits in the top crust.
- Brush with egg white.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil or even better a pie crust shield.
- Put the pie plate on a baking sheet in case any pie filling spills over when baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil or pie crust shield and put back in for another 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the cherries are bubbling.
- Cool completely before serving. I make this the day before and chill in the fridge overnight. It tastes amazing with vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream.
Other desserts that will make you look like you’ve been baking for days, but are easy as pie…
Annie’s Crumb Cake
Strawberry Apple Pie🍓🍏🥧