I have two boys that are growing fast and are always hungry. I’m constantly looking for healthy snacks and meals to fill their bellies up so they stop eating! I found a healthy recipe for whole wheat banana muffins about a year ago (can’t find the original recipe online, but it was great) and we got hooked. I made some changes and they are perfect! If you buy muffins in the store, the ingredients are actually scary… These ingredients are simple and clean! I usually freeze them for the week and pull out a few each day. I have one for breakfast with my smoothie or throw one in the kids lunch boxes. My son Matthew will pick one of these muffins for desert over ice cream, believe it or not. I am not a baker and these come out perfect every time!
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.
Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup of almond milk(I use almond coconut milk)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1 3/4 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup of quick oats plus a little more for sprinkling on top.
- A handful of chopped walnuts
- A handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease all 12 cups of your muffin tin or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well. Mix in the mashed bananas and almond milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add the flour and oats to the bowl and mix. Throw in the walnuts and/or chocolate chips(tastes great with both). Mix them in.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a small amount of oats. Then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake muffins for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Other healthy breakfast options…
My Go To Smoothie