In the summer I always crave something cold and healthy in the morning to start my day. Most of the time I make my smoothie, but recently I’ve been on an Acai bowl kick instead. It is so refreshing and healthy!
I tried it at a new Acai Bar that opened up near my house and copied what they did. The only difference is their acai is more frozen like ice cream. If you like your acai frozen you can put the acai, frozen banana, chia seeds and almond milk in your blender and freeze until ready to eat. Otherwise follow the recipe below to enjoy right away.
- about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter(you can use almond butter, soy butter or whatever you prefer)
- 1/4 of a cup of your favorite granola(I try and buy one that is lower in sugar and on the healthier side. Some can be loaded with junk)
- 1 packet of frozen unsweetened acai(found in the freezer section at any grocery store)
- 1/2 of a frozen banana(I keep bananas that are a little too ripe in the freezer in a storage bag peeled and cut in half for smoothies)
- 1 teaspoon of Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup of almond milk or any milk you prefer(I use Califia Farms coconut almond milk. There is no sugar and it is healthy and delicious)
- 1/2 of a banana, sliced
- Fresh berries for the top of your bowl
- Spread a layer of the peanut butter at the bottom of your bowl.
- Sprinkle granola on top of peanut butter(The best part is the peanut butter and granola at the bottom!)
- Put the acai, frozen banana, chia seeds and almond milk in your blender.
- Blend until combined.
- Pour over the granola in your bowl.
- Top with sliced banana and fresh berries of your choice.
I rave about my old Ninja blender because it really is amazing! It is really made well. This is the one I have… https://amzn.to/2McZB9U
Other healthy breakfast options…
My Go To Smoothie
Make Ahead Muffins
Tropical Delight Smoothie
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***