In the summer I always crave something cold and healthy in the morning to start my day. Most of the time I make my smoothie, but recently I’ve been on an Acai bowl kick instead. It is so refreshing and healthy!
I tried it at a new Acai Bar that opened up near my house and copied what they did. The only difference is their acai is more frozen like ice cream. But I like it exactly how it comes out at home. And it’s so much more affordable!
- about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter(you can use almond butter, soy butter or whatever you prefer)
- 1/4 of a cup of your favorite granola(I try and buy one that is lower in sugar and on the healthier side. Some can be loaded with junk)
- 1 packet of frozen unsweetened acai(found in the freezer section at any grocery store)
- 1/2 of a frozen banana(I keep bananas that are a little too ripe in the freezer in a storage bag peeled and cut in half for smoothies)
- 1 teaspoon of Chi Seeds
- 1/4 cup of almond milk or any milk you prefer(I use Califia Farms coconut almond milk. There is no sugar and it is healthy and delicious)
- 1/2 of a banana, sliced
- Fresh berries for the top of your bowl
- Spread a layer of the peanut butter at the bottom of your bowl.
- Sprinkle granola on top of peanut butter(The best part is the peanut butter and granola at the bottom!)
- Put the acai, frozen banana, chia seeds and almond milk in your blender.
- Blend until combined.
- Pour over the granola in your bowl.
- Top with sliced banana and fresh berries of your choice.
I rave about my old Ninja blender because it really is amazing! It is really made well. This is the one I have… https://amzn.to/2McZB9U
Other healthy breakfast options…
My Go To Smoothie
Make Ahead Muffins
Tropical Delight Smoothie
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***