This is the perfect summer meal! My family and I really enjoy this on a night when it feels like summer. Maybe the kids were in the pool all day and we can eat outside and make a mess and not care. Summer nights with no school in sight and a big pot of shrimp and sausage is just what we need. This is a true one pot meal that is spicy and delicious!
Adapted from The Food Network Kitchen
- 2 lemons, halved
- 1/2 cup of Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 cloves of garlic smashed
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 pound of baby red potatoes
- 8 ears of corn, snapped in half
- 1 package of kielbasa(I use the turkey kielbasa that has 2 in a package), sliced
- 2 pounds of uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (I buy the big bag of shrimp from BJ’s for this)
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- sriracha(We use trader Joe’s brand because it is the best)
- Fill a large pot with 4 quarts of water.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the water and add the squeezed lemon halves into the water.
- Add the Old Bay, garlic, and onion.
- Add the thyme.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add the corn and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Add the kielbasa and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink(about 3 minutes)
- Put 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large bowl.
- Ladle out about 1 cup of broth from the pot and put in the bowl with the butter.
- With a slotted spoon transfer the shrimp, kielbasa and vegetables to the bowl.
- Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter to the top.
- Ladle about 1 more cup of the broth and add it to the bowl.
- Mix gently.
- Put the rest of the broth in a gravy boat and serve on the side with lemon wedges and sriracha.
We usually pour a lot of broth over the top of our individual bowls and squirt some sriracha over the top. It is spicy!!
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
It is very important that you have a large enough pot for this Summer Boil. This stockpot would work great!⇒⇒ https://amzn.to/2IzR7YX
Some of our other favorite summer blogs⇓⇓
Amy’s Beach Styles
To see Amy’s Spring Trends click here
Don’t miss out on some of the best recipes for summer entertaining…
Desert and drinks:
Some great ideas to keep your kids entertained this summer⇒⇒ Summer Plans