Sometimes I want a big Sunday dinner feel with not a lot of work. This is one of those meals. I usually make this when I don’t feel like eating meat, but still want some protein with my pasta. It is quick and delicious!
Sauteed Shrimp over Pasta
- Mrs. Dash Italian Medley (This is salt free and has great flavor. I use it for a lot of my favorite recipes)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound of large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2-28 oz. cans of crushed tomatoes
- 8 cloves of garlic, sliced
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 and 1/2 pounds of your favorite pasta(mine is rigatoni)
- Defrost your shrimp if you haven’t already. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add some crushed red pepper flakes if you like it spicy! (You will be adding some to the sauce as well.)
- Season with Mrs. Dash. I would say about 2 tablespoons.
- Mix gently to evenly coat all the shrimp.
- In a large saute pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook shrimp until pink tossing once or twice.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare your simple crushed tomato sauce.
- Boil a big pot of salted water and prepare your pasta according to instructions on box. Drain.
- Using a slotted spoon put the cooked shrimp in the heated sauce.
- Serve your pasta with sauce and shrimp. Top with pecorino romano and enjoy!
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***