I’ve been making meatloaf for years for my family. It’s a great meal to fill everyone up. I’ve taken my Mom’s Meatloaf and adjusted it slightly to make the perfect version of Turkey Meatloaf. It’s simple, healthy and everyone eats it! Hooray! It’s taken me a while to get everyone to actually really enjoy the turkey meatloaf, so I hope you all enjoy it as well. I usually double this recipe and have leftovers for a day or two…
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.
BBQ Turkey Meatloaf
- 1.5 lbs of ground turkey(I use the lean ground dark meat)
- 4-5 chopped garlic cloves
- One small onion chopped
- 1/4 cup of Panko breadcrumbs(Or regular breadcrumbs. Whatever you have will work)
- 2 eggs beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce(I use Rufus Teague)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sauté garlic and onion in EVOO until light brown and tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients (except the BBQ sauce and panko bread crumbs)
- Once everything looks well mixed in the bowl, pour in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Add in about 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce and mix again.
- Mold your meatloaf into the shape of the pan that you are using. A flatter, wider loaf will cook much faster.
- Before you bake, pour the rest of the BBQ sauce on top. Spread it evenly over the top.
- Bake at 425 for about 40 minutes or until it reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees F. (The thermometer is amazing. No need to guess if it’s cooked through or not. If there’s one more kitchen tool you purchase, that should be it!)
Of course this would be perfect served with Smashed Potatoes and any green veggie!