This is a recipe I got from the back of a can of Bush’s Beans. I have changed it a bit over the years. It is an excellent side dish that I usually serve with white rice and store bought Rotisserie chickens for a quick, healthy dinner!
- 2, 15 oz cans of Bush’s black beans, drain and reserve juices
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 3/4 cup of onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1, 14.5 oz. can of dice tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. of ground thyme
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 squirt or more of Sriracha-depending on how spicy you like it(My family only likes the Trader Joe’s brand)
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Saute the onion and green pepper until tender.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, beans and thyme.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, sriracha, and reserved juices from the beans.
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve over rice(I usually serve this with Minute Premium White Rice. It literally cooks in 5 minutes!)
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***