I got this recipe from my sister Ali. She got it from one of her friends. When they make it, they serve it as a dip along with Tostitos or some sort of corn chip. This is also a great side dish for a summer gathering. It’s sooo good and refreshing. It’s hard to stop eating it once you start. I had no idea what shoepeg corn was or where to find it until I made this! FYI, it’s just a can of Green Giant corn that’s shaped like a shoepeg! I found it at Publix…
Shoepeg Corn salad
- 2 cans of white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can of reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper diced small
- 1 orange bell pepper diced small
- 1/2 of a small red onion diced small
- a bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup of safflower oil(it calls for vegetable oil but I don’t use vegetable oil due to the fact that it is not the healthiest option)
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of sugar(Yep, but it makes it soooo good. You can use less if you prefer or none. Still will be delicious!)
- Salt and pepper
- Put the first 6 ingredients in a large serving bowl and stir gently until combined.
- Add the oil, vinegar and sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir gently until combined.
- Serve with your favorite chip or as a side dish.
I found some great summer essentials for your 1st BBQ of the season. Of course you have to serve the shoepeg corn salad and maybe some Guac and chips!
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.
Don’t miss out on some of the best recipes for summer entertaining…
Desert and drinks: