This is such a simple, healthy meal. Everyone in my family enjoys it. The secret to this is the shrimps… If you have a Trader Joe’s near you, you have to pick these up and try them. They are Wild Argentinian Red Shrimp. They taste like a combo between shrimp and lobster. And they are delicious. I have to buy two bags to feed my family($9.99 per bag). I think that is a pretty good price for wild shrimp.
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.
- 2 bags(2 pounds) of Trader Joe’s Argentinian Red Shrimp
- 1 bag of assorted shredded veggies(I used Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch Collection. You can use broccoli slaw, or anything you have available)
- White or brown rice(I used Minute White Rice that cooks in 5 minutes!)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- a bunch of Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to bake 400 degrees.
- Place your veggies in a baking pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Put them in the oven until crispy and brown, tossing every 5 minutes or so.
- Set aside when done.
- Meanwhile cook your rice according to package instructions. Set aside when done.
- Make sure shrimp are defrosted and patted dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil .
- Add the shrimp to the skillet.
- Cook until pink(about 5 – 10 minutes)tossing midway. (These specific shrimp take a little longer than regular shrimp.)
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Transfer the shrimp to a bowl.
- Keep the skillet over medium heat and add the white wine and lemon juice.
- Boil about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon zest and parsley.
- Pour the sauce over the shrimp and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a plate with rice, veggies and the shrimp on top.