***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
Click here to shop your favorite Pampered Chef Products.
Orecchiette with Sausage, Mushrooms, and Tomatoes
This pasta dish is too good to be true. It’s my kind of pasta dish because of the veggies. My family enjoys it because of the sausage!
- 2 boxes of orecchiette pasta
- 1 package of Italian sausage out of the casing(I used mild but you can use spicy or sweet if you like)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 coves of garlic, sliced
- 2- 8 ounce packages of baby bella mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 2 pints of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of Pecorino Romano grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausage to the pan and cook until it is brown.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add the green onions and cook until tender.
- Add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes. Set to the side.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package. Drain and reserve 1-2 cups of pasta water.
- Put the cooked pasta back in the large pot.
- Bring the skillet back to the heat and add the tomatoes.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and the sausage and cook for 1 more minute.
- Dump the sausage mixture right into the pot with the cooked pasta.
- Stir in the grated cheese and some pasta water if needed.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with some more grated cheese.