This pasta dish is too good to be true. It’s my kind of pasta dish because of the veggies. My family enjoys it because of the sausage!
- 2 boxes of orecchiette pasta
- 1 package of Italian sausage out of the casing(I used mild but you can use spicy or sweet if you like)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 coves of garlic, sliced
- 2- 8 ounce packages of baby bella mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 2 pints of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of Pecorino Romano grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausage to the pan and cook until it is brown.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add the green onions and cook until tender.
- Add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes. Set to the side.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package. Drain and reserve 1-2 cups of pasta water.
- Put the cooked pasta back in the large pot.
- Bring the skillet back to the heat and add the tomatoes.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and the sausage and cook for 1 more minute.
- Dump the sausage mixture right into the pot with the cooked pasta.
- Stir in the grated cheese and some pasta water if needed.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with some more grated cheese.