These smashed potatoes are addicting. Can’t stop once you start. Everyone in the family loves them. I made them alongside steak and a salad. To make it easy, you can prepare them earlier in the day and then roast before dinner.
- One bag of potatoes(any type of small potatoes will work well-baby red, fingerlings, etc..)
- Half of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- A bunch of fresh Rosemary or Thyme
- 4 or 5 cloves of chopped garlic
- Preheat oven to bake or roast on 450 degrees
- Wash potatoes well with a brush
- Boil potatoes in a large pot of salted water for about 20 minutes or until tender when you poke with a fork.
- Drain and let dry
- Heavily coat a baking sheet with EVOO
- Place potatoes on the baking sheet and press down firmly with a large spoon or the palm of your hand until they are flattened.
- Drizzle with a good amount of EVOO. That will help them crisp up.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon all over
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, rosemary or thyme and garlic. (They taste really good with a little extra salt!)
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes. They should be really crispy! I roast them instead of bake because it gets them even crispier.
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***