This is another one of Mita’s recipes. It’s simple and tasty! You can use this chicken for any of your Mexican dishes that calls for shredded chicken. I usually use it for my chicken tacos. In the shell, I layer a simple coleslaw salad, then the chicken, top with Mexican shredded cheese and home made salsa. That is it and it is perfection!
Shredded Chicken Taco
Slow Cooker Chicken
- Chicken breasts(I used 3, but should have used 4-it’s never enough for my family)
- 1 (10 oz.) can of enchilada sauce
- 1 small can (4.5 oz.) of Ortega chopped green chilies
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. of cumin powder
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- fajita or taco seasoning (Use as much as you prefer. You can use the whole packet if you are not using the enchilada sauce. I usually use the whole can of enchilada sauce and about 1/2 of the taco seasoning.)
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker
- Place all other ingredients in the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours
- About an hour before it is done remove the cover and stir the ingredients around while shredding the chicken so it mixes with all the juice and seasoning.
- Cover and cook for the remaining time.
***My posts contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.***
More of Mita’s recipes:
Carne Asada Tacos