Many people enjoy ordering pizza on a Friday night. It’s affordable, fills the family and no one has to cook. We just can’t seem to find a good pizza place to order from in Florida. It stinks!
That’s why I usually make homemade pizza on Friday nights. It’s still affordable and fills the family, but I DO have to cook. It is quick and yummy!
Publix makes it easy with these pizza doughs already flattened out! Amazing.
- 2 packages of pizza dough(I buy the ones already flattened out from Publix.)
- olive oil
- 2 cans of tomato sauce(I buy plain tomato sauce, but you can buy a can of pizza sauce if you prefer)
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper
- shredded or whole mozzarella(If whole slice thin)
- grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 package of mushrooms(I prefer baby bella because they have a lot of flavor), rinsed and diced small
- 1/4 of an onion, diced small
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced
- Lightly oil the pizza pan and then stretch it out a little to the size of the pan.
- Drizzle a little EVOO on the dough.
- Spread as much sauce as you’d like.
- Sprinkle on a little pepper, crushed red pepper and oregano.
- Add the mozzarella and grated cheese. (You could keep it as simple as that or add your favorite topping. I usually do a pepperoni pizza for the kids and a veggie pizza for Matt and I.)
- Saute green peppers, mushrooms, and onions. Add sliced garlic in the end with a little salt and pepper.
- Add YOUR favorite topping to the pizza. Drizzle with EVOO and bake at 450 degrees till it’s nice and crispy!My new oven has a pizza setting which is amazing! the pizza cooks in a really short time at a high temperature. It tastes the best like that.